(1) 1991 Census population figures are based on 1996 boundaries.
(2) Includes all private dwellings occupied by usual residents as well as those occupied by temporary and/or foreign residents.
(3) Population for 1991 adjusted due to boundary change between the 1991 and 1996 Censuses, or to sub-areas included in totals.
(4) Provincial, Regional District and Reserve populations for 1991 include estimates of the population of Indian Reserves that were incompletely enumerated in the 1991 Census.
(5) Provincial, Regional District and Reserve populations for 1996 include estimates of the population of Indian Reserves that were incompletely enumerated in the 1996 Census.
(6) The Sechelt Band exercises quasi-municipal jurisdiction over this area by virtue of complementary federal and provincial legislation. The area covered by these acts lies partly in the Powell River Regional District and partly in the Sunshine Coast Regional District.
Source: 1996 + 1991 Census, Statistics Canada; Estimates, BC Stats
Prepared by: BC Stats, Ministry of Technology, Innovation and Citizens' Services