(1) 2001 Census counts are adjusted as necessary to enable direct comparisons between 2001 and 2006.
(2) Indicates private dwellings occupied by usual residents.
(3) Provincial, Regional District and Reserve populations for 1996 include estimates of the population of Indian Reserves that were incompletely enumerated in the 1996 Census.
(4) Provincial, Regional District and Reserve populations for 2001 include estimates of the population of Indian Reserves that were incompletely enumerated in the 2001 Census.
(5) The Sechelt Band exercises quasi-municipal jurisdiction over this area by virtue of complementary federal and provincial legislation. The area covered by these acts lies partly in the Powell River Regional District and partly in the Sunshine Coast Regional District.
(6) Formerly consisted of Port Simpson 1 and Tsimpsean 2 North Part.
IRI = Indian Reserve
IGD = Indian Governmental District
S-E = Indian Settlement - Établissement indien
NL = Nisga'a Land
NVL = Nisga'a Village
Source: 2001 + 1996 Census, Statistics Canada; Estimates, BC Stats
Prepared by: BC Stats, Ministry of Labour, Citizens' Services and Open Government