Please note: Since January 2006, Statistics Canada has posted a
System of National Accounts module on its site.
This module offers free access to economic accounts information that is vital to understanding
the national and provincial accounts.
Frequently Asked Questions
Glossary and Notes
Economic Accounts Data
Data Released November 2012
Statistics Canada released historical revisions to provincial economic accounts data on November 19, 2012. The revisions align the economic accounts data more closely with new international standards for economic accounting, and are consistent with changes made to the national accounts data released by Statistics Canada on October 12, 2012. Chained dollar figures are now reported in 2007 dollars.
At the provincial level, the data based on the new concepts is currently only available for the period from 2007 to 2011. Revisions to the data for the period from 1981 to 2006 are scheduled for release in July 2013, at which time details on government revenue and expenditure (based on the new concepts) will also be available.
Various changes to the data and concepts used in the System of National Accounts (SNA) have been introduced with this release. A description of the changes, and the reasons for them, is available at Statistics Canada's website.
For more information about the changes to the SNA data, users can contact Lillian Hallin at firstname.lastname@example.org or (250) 387-0366.
Economic Accounts Data, 2007-2011:
Income and Expenditure Accounts Components of GDP, by Province/Territory
- Gross Domestic Product, Expenditure Based, by Province/Territory
- Final Domestic Demand, by Province/Territory
- Final Consumption Expenditure, by Province/Territory
- Gross Fixed Capital Formation, by Province/Territory
- Exports of Goods and Services to Other Countries, by Province/Territory
- Exports of Goods and Services to Other Provinces, by Province/Territory
- Exports of Goods and Services to Other Provinces and Other Countries, by Province/Territory
- Imports of Goods and Services from Other Countries, by Province/Territory
- Imports of Goods and Services from Other Provinces, by Province/Territory
- Imports of Goods and Services from Other Provinces and Other Countries, by Province/Territory
Current Accounts, Households Selected Household Indicators
B.C. Gross Domestic Product at Basic Prices
Data Released December 2012
Historical revisions to the provincial estimates of GDP by industry (consistent with the new accounting standards, for the period from 2007 to 2011) were released by Statistics Canada on December 14, 2012. The data are now reported in millions of chained 2007 dollars.
North American Industry Classification System (NAICS):
Data Released November 2011
Users of this data should note that, although previously-published
estimates of key indicators such as GDP and personal income are still
available on this website, they are not consistent with the new national
For example, some entities (e.g., non-profit
organizations) previously considered part of the personal sector are now
reported separately from household spending. Household disposable
income and saving rates are therefore not comparable to
previously-published estimates of personal disposable income and saving
As well, the treatment of exploration and development
expenditures, previously considered part of investment in
non-residential construction, is now included as part of investment in
intellectual property products, as is investment in research and